Due to expansion, our client, has an exciting new opportunity for a Full-Stack Java Developer, with a strong focus on Front-end technologies, located at their global headquarters in Surrey.
You will be responsible for the design, development and technical review of their SaaS solution used to deliver services to their global corporate clients, completing technical design and development work.
What you will be doing;
- Work as part of their in-house development team, working alongside a peer group of senior Java developers as required.
- Work collaboratively with offshore development teams and developing code to ensure the quality deliverables from outsourced teams
- Undertake the detailed software design and development work for online products covering a wide range of Trade Finance instruments
- Support the Head of Technical Architecture and Security to agree the appropriate coding design and industry best practice and ensure they are implemented.
- Work closely with Product Owners and Business Analysts to help evolve and create new products across the entire Company suite
- Being part of Agile Development project teams, working on one or more projects in parallel
- Previous experience working for a software product, SaaS company or software development house
- B2B or B2C SaaS product solutions
- Back end experience in one or more of the following; Java/JSP, XML / XPATH/ XSLT / Databases (MS SQL or Oracle)
- Experience of User Experience and User Interface design
- Ideally have some relevant background in Trade and/or Trade Finance
- Excellent communicator, both written and verbal. Ability to articulate technical issues clearly and concisely with both on-shore and off-shore Development Teams
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to listen effectively and the ability to present oneself in a calm, professional manner whilst under time and schedule pressure.
- Experience working with Agile development methodologies such as Kanban/Agile and tools such as Jira and Confluence
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Team player. Comfortable working in a small company environment and "hands-on" in the sense of doing what needs to be done in a small organisation
- Understanding of Web Application security and encryption techniques
- Experience working with Ant, Maven, Jenkins and Sonar
- Experience working with Business Driven Development BDD
- FinTech expertise (Financial product or services companies)
- Industry expertise (Financial Institutions and/or Commodity Traders and/or Industrial Corporate)
- Experience of using AWS for hosting Web Applications.
- Angular JS / Struts