Our client is a multinational fashion retail company, with their HQ based in London, they have over 1,500 stores in the UK and Ireland, including concessions in well known department stores, and around the world.
Working within the Programme Management Office (PMO) this is the information hub for projects and programmes that involve tracking, reporting, assurance and quality control, information management, financial tracking, risk and issue tracking, change control, support and knowledge management.
As a PMO Lead you will be the principle representative for all PMO activity within a specific portfolio / IT Domain providing services, deliverables and milestones, and supporting the adoption of the project lifecycle methodology.
What you will be doing;
- Task management of other PMO team members within the portfolio / IT Domain
- Work with the PMO Manager to develop the frameworks and standards for Programme and Project Management
- Implement governance standards across the portfolio, including tracking, monitoring and updating the status of project and programme deliverables
- Update and maintain the Risk Log, Action Log, Decisions Log, and Issue Register
- Implement the change control process across the portfolio
- Manage and compile portfolio related financial and KPI information
- Maintain a capacity planning and resource tracking service across the portfolio
- Track financial reporting whilst ensuring that the programme and projects adhere to the corporate financial processes
- Ensure portfolio level dependencies are managed and the dependency log is accurately maintained
- Provide a quality assurance role in line with defined Programme Management Office process
- Coordinate project closure to distil good practice and ensure lessons learned are logged
- Provide project planning, milestone management, scope management, resource forecasting; financial management; change management across the project portfolio
- Providing effective management support to project teams on small to medium sized projects, or assisting Project Managers on streams of other large projects
- Significant PMO management experience, including line management or team leader experience.
- Professional Qualification (degree or significant industry experience)
- Experience and certifications in any of the following are highly desirable: Portfolio, Programme and Project Offices, Programme and Project Support Office, Management of Risk, Management of Value, or other PMO qualification
- Experience of working within a structured project management framework
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills
- PRINCE2 – Practitioner’