Our client is a well known not for profit organisation, and are one of the largest care providers in the UK, offering a variety of care, housing and supported living.
They are looking for an IT Service Desk Manager to join their team in Lincoln, to manage the day-to-day delivery of all of their IT Support Services to all of their care homes, offices and staff throughout the company.
What you will be doing:
- Monitoring and reporting on IT service performance, whilst ensuring SLA targets are met, i.e incident and request targets, KPI’s etc.
- Building key relationships with a variety of teams across the organisation.
- Provide leadership to the IT support team, including performance management, 121’s, personal development,
- Overseeing communications on planned and emergency IT activities
- Ensuring policy and procedures are adhered to, and managing starters / leavers in line with policies.
- Manage problem management and ongoing incidents, ensuring effective diagnosis and trend analysis in identifying underlying root causes and facilitating their documentation and resolution.
- Responsible for the configuration and use of the IT service management tool for reporting and IT metrics production.
- Support the successful transition of new services into BAU.
- Demonstrates customer experience is at the heart of the IT support service and challenging and promoting the same in others.
- Overseeing the delivery of tasks and solutions aligned to the IT Strategy and Roadmap, to support the creation and delivery of future strategies and corporate goals.
- Manage IT Asset Management and the control of stock levels ensuring that there is clarity over the use and distribution of new, recycled and redundant IT assets.
Skills & Experience:
- IT related qualification (service management or IT qualifications, e.g. Microsoft Certifications)
- Other relevant IT qualifications e.g. MBCS, ITIL
- Experience of managing people and processes within a dynamic and fast-moving IT environment.
- Experience of team and individual performance management, and able to prioritise and manage own and team workloads.
- Experience of managing an IT Service Desk function and the processes associated with it.
- Knowledge and experience of Service Level Agreements, including specification, measurement against targets and improvement
- Experience of KPI’s creation and team and individual performance management against these.
- Experience of using an IT Service Management system to manage, allocate and monitor support tasks.
- Experience of developing and leading an IT Service Desk Strategy.
- Experience of managing and working with a variety of 3rd party contractors and IT suppliers.
- Knowledge and experience of IT infrastructure management