Oracle DBA Contractor
One of our clients, a well known Tier 2 Investment bank are looking for a Oracle DBA Contractor to join their team in Camberley.
They are looking for an experienced Oracle DBA to work within the EMEA Oracle DBA team to support critical databases. This team supports over 700+ instances featuring Oracle 11g/12g databases with RAC, ASM, Exadata, Dataguard RMAN, Oracle GoldenGate, OEM, Oracle OID running on Linux and AIX. The team are also committed to regulatory work including data center isolation testing and responding to various audits. The role requires a good communicator and team player with a proactive attitude to take ownership of tasks and drive them through to completion.
What you will be doing;
- In the role you will support and maintain a large Oracle databases covering the EMEA region:
- Supporting and mainting large Oracle databases covering the EMEA region
- Oracle Database 10g, 11g and 12c
- 700+ Oracle Databases
- 600 TB of SAN storage
- 400 applications
- Shared responsibility for backup, recovery and monitoring.
- Deal with change requests and end-user queries for the systems that you will be primary DBA for.
- Deal with serious and critical production Oracle issues in a timely manner.
- Provide infrastructure, engineering and performance tuning advice to application development teams.
- Provide guidance/support to other DBAs.
What they are looking for;
- Oracle Database Administration (Oracle 10g/11g/12c)
- PL/SQL coding
- Performance tuning
- Database patching
- RAC Clustering
- Database Replication using Oracle Goldengate
- Oracle Data Guard
- Strong communication skills