Our Client, a leading global financial services organisation are looking for a Python Developer to join the team in London on a 6 month contract basis.
Working as part of the Global Non-Linear Technology team where they are responsible for developing risk and profit and loss solutions to the European Non-Linear business. Their primary focus is on building scalable risk reporting, pnl explain, downstream feeds and general tools for use across the business. End users include the trading desk, market risk management and other middle and back office groups.
The successful candidate would gain first-hand experience of a front office trading environment, working in an intellectually challenging and collaborative environment where people work together to master non-trivial challenges supporting the global team and business.
You will be involved across the whole software development lifecycle. Challenges currently being worked on include developing new products for the Strategy Index business, platform build out for the Structured Finance group and bringing Complex FX Options onto the shared platform. The team development environment is Quartz - the bank’s next generation trading and risk platform. Quartz consists of various pieces of shared infrastructure and code to drive consolidation across the trading business and break down business specific silos. Development takes place almost entirely in Python.
- Programming in Python (or equivalent/similar programming languages).
- Understanding of grid/distributed performance computing concepts.
- Good foundations in OO design and architecture
- Knowledge of FICC (Fixed Income, Currencies and Commodities) products in pricing, risk and PNL domains.
- Exposure to the banking environment
- Software development and testing, deployment and support
- Functioning as part of a high-performance team, working on high priority deliverables
- Solving real problems, and adding value to the business
- Communicating effectively with various stakeholders across technology and the business