Colloco Search Ltd (” We”) are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. Whether you are a candidate, client or partner we will always respect you and your personal data.
- We’ll keep all of your data safe and protected.
- We only collect the minimum data required, and never collect more than we need
- No spam. No nonsense. We’ll respect your time, your inbox and your interest areas.
- We will not keep your data for longer than we need it and will immediately delete or supply your data upon request
- We do not, have never and will never sell, rent, trade or gift your personal information to anything, anyone or any business, especially for marketing purposes.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (Regulation (EU) 2016/679) is a new regulation which replaces the Data Protection Regulation (Directive 95/46/EC). The Regulation aims to harmonise data protection legislation across EU member states, enhancing privacy rights for individuals and providing a strict framework within which commercial organisations can legally operate. We welcome this piece of legislation as it’s all about understanding you and putting you first, which is what we do every single day.
Even though the UK has expressed its intention to leave the EU in March 2019, the GDPR will be applicable in the UK from 25th May 2018. The Government intends for the GDPR to continue in UK law post Brexit and has also introduced a Data Protection Bill to replace the current Data Protection Act in due course.
Your new rights under the GDPR are set out in this notice apply from 25th May 2018.
For the purposes of data protection legislation in force from time to time the data controller is Colloco Search Ltd of Davidson House, Forbury Square, Reading, RG1 3EU
Who we are and what we do
We are a Specialist recruitment agency (as defined in the Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003). Given the nature of what we do on behalf of our candidates and clients we have collect personal data of the following stakeholder groups to ensure we can deliver ours services:
• Prospective and placed candidates for permanent or contract roles (so we can help place into suitable jobs)
• Prospective and live client contacts (so we can keep in touch throughout the recruitment process & once the candidate has started)
• Supplier contacts to support our services (so we can pay them)
• Our Employees, consultants, temporary workers If we collect information about you it will be in order to carry out our core business and ancillary activities.
If we do collect information about you, it will be in order to carry out our core business activities.
We collect the information that you give us by filling in forms on our site https://www.Collocosearch .com/ (our site) or by communicating with us by phone, video calls, e-mail, personal meetings or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use our site, to enter our database, subscribe to our services, attend our events, enter a promotion or survey.
This includes, but is not limited to:
compliance documentation and references verifying your qualifications and experience and your right to work in the relevant country, identification documents, curriculum vitae and photograph, emergency information, links to your professional profiles available in the public domain e.g. LinkedIn, Twitter, business Facebook or corporate website.
We do, on occasions, mail-out carefully selected job opportunities, market information, job search tips, recruitment commentary and a few bits of information on the charity events we undertake. If you wish to receive these updates and don’t currently, please let us know. Likewise, if you no longer wish to receive these updates, please let us know and we will make sure that you don’t.
CV’s are what we do. They are obviously quite important to us and should you wish us to consider you for a new job, we’ll need you to send us yours. That CV will usually contain most of the personal information we’ve mentioned above.
If we are in possession of your CV, rest assured, it will be handled securely and sensitively. All the above promises and conditions will be upheld, and we will hold and use your personal information, for our legitimate business purposes only including:
1. To provide our services to you;
2. To maintain our business relationship, where you are a client or candidate;
3. To enable us to submit to specific clients and jobs or to subscribe you to our job alerts.
4. To match your details with job vacancies, to assist us in finding a position that is most suitable for you and to send your personal information (including sensitive personal information) to clients in order to apply for these jobs;
5. To notify you on future job opportunities other than the specific role for which you have contacted us;
6. To direct-market products and services, advise you of news and industry updates, events, promotions, reports and other information. Before we do, you will be given an option to opt-out of such communications, and an option to unsubscribe will also be provided with each communication.
7. To fulfil contractual obligations with our clients
Your CV, and any information therein, will never be sent to anyone without your knowledge and agreement.
If your CV is presented to a client, whether in person, via email, you’ll know about it, know about the role, the business, the contact in the business and even then, he/she will be subject to confidentiality.
If we suggest sending your CV outside of a formal shortlist, for whatever reason, we will gain your explicit permission before doing so. Even then, if we send your CV in either of the above circumstances (and there is no other circumstance we would send your CV), we will remove ALL your personal information except your name.
Where else might we collect personal data about you?
The following are the different sources we may also collect personal data about you:
- Directly from you. This is information you provide while searching for a new opportunity and/or during the different recruitment stages, or during the course of our work with you to ensure that our relationship runs efficiently.
- Through publicly available sources. For example; LinkedIn, Job Boards
- By Reference or word of mouth. For example, you may be recommended by a friend, a former employer, a former colleague or even a present employer.
Data Storage and Processing
All of the personal data we hold about you will be processed by our staff in the United Kingdom, and accessed by our cloud-based CRM system, Recruit So Simple Ltd. We take all reasonable steps to ensure that your personal data is processed securely and prevent unauthorised access to, and misuse of your personal data.
Retention of your data
We understand our legal duty to retain accurate data and only retain personal data for as long as we need it for our legitimate business interests and that you haven’t requested your data to be removed. Accordingly, we have a data retention notice and run data routines to remove data that we no longer have a legitimate business interest in maintaining.
We do the following to try to ensure our data is accurate:
- Prior to making an introduction we check that we have accurate information about you
- We keep in touch with you, so you can let us know of changes to your personal data
- We will contact you at least once every two years in attempt to update your information on our database
We segregate our data so that we keep different types of data for different time periods. The criteria we use to determine whether we should retain your personal data includes:
- The nature of the personal data
- Its perceived accuracy;
- Our legal obligations;
- Whether an interview or placement has been arranged; and
- Our recruitment expertise and knowledge of the industry by country, sector and job role.
- We may pseudonymise parts of your data, particularly following a request for suppression or deletion of your data, to ensure that we do not re-enter your personal data on to our database, unless requested to do so.
- For your information, pseudonymised data is created by taking identifying fields within a database and replacing them with artificial identifiers, or pseudonyms.
- Our current retention notice is available upon request.
Access to Your Personal Information:
You are entitled to access any personal information that we hold on you. If you want to see it, please email your request to our data controller, Rowan@collocosearch.com, Requests can take up to 30 days, but normally a lot less.
Updating Your Personal Information and Unsubscribing
You can unsubscribe to general mailings at any time of the day or night by simply asking to be removed.